Friday, October 30, 2009

Short weeknights and long weekends

I end work at 6pm on weekdays and weekends are free. Somehow, I feel that weeknights are too short and weekends too long. When we fetched Oliver and Heidi back home from their childcare centre, it was almost 745pm. I would heat up Heidi's dinner and Boon Heng would clear away their soiled clothes. While I fed Heidi, Boon Heng will busy around Oliver, meeting his constant request for food, be it banana, apple, bread, fresh milk, milk milk. After feeding Heidi, it would be shower time for Heidi. Oliver's showertime is determind by his poo time. After that, it would be washing our dishes or clothes. By that time, it would almost be around 930pm. And we would let the kids play a while before the clock hit 10am and it would be bedtime. Oliver and Heidi would take a while to sleep. Mostly Oliver would doze off first and Heidi would sleep just before 11pm. Right now, it is 23:48 and soon, I would need my forty winks. I usually try to sleep before the clock strike twelve. Well before my Heidi girl alarm clock rings"I need milk". Weeknight are just so short. But why do weekend seems so long? mmm....