Monday, November 16, 2009

Celebrating 3 year old birthday at Rasa Sentosa

Oliver will soon be turning three years old on the coming Sunday, 22 November 2009. We celebrated his birthday one week earlier at Rasa Sentosa Resort, which I had intially planned for Heidi's first years old.

The weather over the weekend was simply out of Singapore. We felt almost overseas with the beautiful weather. The sky had poured just the day before leaving Saturday with not too much sun and a light breeze at the resort. I booked the resort that very day, in case one of our kids fell ill, or the sky poured, or Boon heng and I were too tired. Glad that none of that happened and off we went - a holiday across the island which was about 15 minutes drive away from home.

Fantasic view from 10th storey foyer area of Rasa Sentosa Resort

I booked online for the Deal of the Day and a room with hillview cost me around $270 for a night with breakfast for two adults. I also tried my luck requesting a complimentary birthday cake as I found it too cumbersome to bring a cake there. It was a nice little chocolate mousse that we had and with guilt, we did not even finished eating it.

Cake complimentary of Rasa Sentosa

"Happy Birthday to me!" sang Oliver

In case you are wondering why was Oliver clad in pink. That's not some psychotic parents' abusing their child. Oliver insisted on wearing my pink cardigan after spotting me wearing it. Well, we could not upset the birthday boy's special day.



Boon Heng took this picture at the children pool. Heidi was very possessive of her rhino float and would not let it go. Oliver preferred to sit in his fighter get which was smaller than Rhino's size float. They had such splashing good time that I wished we could have went for such "holiday" earlier. We also invited the Charming Pan family to join us. Jia Jun and Jia En wasted no time to dip into the pool. The pool was quite shallow and the kids could walk on it, including little Heidi who could not wait to get her feet on it. My arms' muscles is still aching even now due to my constant attempts to hold her while she walked courageously around the pool.


The Pan Family (Jia En, Jia Jun and Charles with Yvonne holding the camera)