Thursday, February 18, 2010

Late Night Movie

Last night, we took up a challenge to bring Oliver and Heidi to watch late night movie, Nine at Marina GV. The start time was 9.30pm. It was an Alfa Romeo fan club gathering and there were avid fans spotted wearing the Alfa Romeo shirts. For a while, I mistaken them as staff from Alfa Romeo. (Boon Heng to share the details of the evening = )...

Nine is a movie musical with a star full of cast. But I didn't recognise them except for Judi Dench and Sophia Loren, as I didn't read any reviews prior to that.

The tickets were complimentary from EuroAutomobile, which often rewards its customers with movies that featured Alfa Romeo (Angels & Demons, Quantum of Solace).

It was quite a family affair as other patrons also brought their kids. It was also the night when PM visited the River Hongbao, so parking at Marina Square was pretty bad. But we managed to find a lot pretty quickly, and after we alighted I spotted a grey Brera parked behind me. Then I spotted a silver GT nearby, but while I was admiring it, I didn't realised that there was another grey Brera just next to it. It was Oliver who told me "Papa, it's the same one". Heheh... he recognises the serpent emblem.

Normally we would sit very near the screen, but knowing our kids, we sat at the second back row preparing for a quick exit. Oliver was the one easier to coax prior to the screening, but Heidi preferred to wonder around the cinema and both me and Sophia had to take turns to walk her around. Oliver was also quite funny with his spontaneous singing of CNY songs and muttering of "MONSTER" when the movie starts. The loud music and songs got the better of Oliver who was sitting on my lap, and he told me twice "Papa I wanna go outside".

As expected we didn't last too long, maybe about 30 minutes through the movie, we left for home as both were getting tired.