Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Oatmeal for lunch

This is the first time I cook Oatmeal for Oliver. I always remember my grandma tasked me to purchase oatmeal for her, but for whatever reasons, I cannot recall eating any oatmeal cooked by my grandma. Probably I didn't like it or that my grandma thought oatmeal was not the kind of food children would like.

I remember the first time I tasted oatmeal was during the polytechnic days when I was undergoing OBS 5 days training camp at Pulau Ubin. Perhaps I was famished from tortuous training, because it tasted really good.

It was not until one afternoon when a grandma at bus stop told me she prepared oatmeal for her grandson that I would never think of cooking it for Oliver. Another lunch idea, and also a healthy one.

Oliver just had his first scoop and he said it tasted good. : )