Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Head injury

Oliver's head was hit on Monday. According to the school, his classmate hit his head with a toy train and lots of blood came out of his head. Cindy was so shocked that she cried. Boon Heng received call to alert him, but he could not get out of the house as he was with the aircon servicing technician. When I received the call, I wondered how bad was his wound and left the office and headed straight to Del-Care. Along the way to Del-Care, the taxis driver was very chatty and that took my worries off from Oliver for a while.

Once I reached school, the mother of the kid who hit Oliver was very apologetic and walked me to the Raffles Clinic to find out how Oliver was doing. I felt quite bad when she kept apologising. As a mother of a rashless Oliver, I can fully sympathised with how she felt. But kids being kids, I hope she would not be too hard on her kid.

At the clinic, Oliver was on Jeanette's lap and waiting for the nurse to clear his wound. His head no longer bleeding, but I saw a very quiet and still Oliver. Probably still in shock or overwhelmed by the rush of events that had happened. The cut was about half a cm long, but the cut was deep. The nurse cut away some strands hair which rested around the wound and put some "glue" to cover his wound. He was sitting on my lap by now and seems quite relieved to be with me. I also tried to make the visit to the clinic as normal as it could be by saying that Jeanette brought him on a afternoon tour to clinic and it must be fun. And seriously speaking, Oliver really seemed to have enjoyed his outing to the clinic.

Back to Del-Care, Oliver ate his dinner and was his usual hyperactive self, hopping and jumping around. Everyone was so worried about him and kept asking how he was feeling. I just said, you take a look at him, I think he is okay. Oliver is really my brave little boy!