Thursday, February 7, 2008

Celebrating a quiet Lunar New Year

Oliver celebrates his second Lunar New Year. Although today is the first day of LNY, somehow I feel that the new year mood is different, or perhap, it will never be the same again. Last year, we went to my parent's place at around 10 am, spent an hour there and left together to my grandma's place. I would see my cousins and eat the vegetarian food prepared by my grandma and fourth Auntie. I would see my playmate cousin Hong Hoon and her family, catch up with her for around one hour and then head towards my dad's elder brother's home.

This year, we did not made our way to my grandma's place (uncle's house). Since my uncle is the youngest and that my grandma passed away, it is not longer appropriate to go to my uncle's place. So we just made our way to my parent's house and then my dad's elder brother's place. Strangely, we did not see anyone other than my uncle. The whole household was having a very serious "meeting" upstair, and they were too caught up with their affairs to say "hi" to us. We sat for an hour, playing with their house pet and watching my cousin's wedding on TV. Still no sight of my cousins and auntie, we decided to go home. By the time we reached home, it was past 3pm. Even Karen sms me that she will be leaving her house soon for dinner at Aung's place. Around 5pm, we left for Tampines to visit Boon Heng's parents and her sister. The house was also empty except for Boon Heng's mum and her sister.


Is it really LNY? I have not felt the mood yet. It is a quiet LNY, and it makes me feel sentimental. Oliver, I miss your great-grandma very much and wish she is around today with us.

Okay, gonna think positive, at least the reunion dinner at Prima Tower and Legend Gardens were great. Although, you had fever at Prima Tower, but glad to know that you have enjoyed the ramp at Legend Gardens - judging by the fact that you walked at least 20 rounds on the ramp.

At Prima Tower

Oliver looks kinda huge with his grandma

Oliver's cousin - Jian Xin

Oliver with Aunite Serena

P.S. Even our clock in our living room stops moving at 715am this morning.