Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Almost ready for the gastronomy world

Oliver is almost ready to explore the gastronomy world. Oh yes, finally. Now almost two years old, he is definitely a late developer in taste. And we find his taste of food is quite peculiar.

We had him drinking Teh Halia at the Roti Prata shop which we frequent every week. "More?" I asked, and he nodded his head in delight. Some months back, we gave him a bit of the herbal tea and he likes it too. You may think that perhap he is easy on food. No way, he is such a fuzzy baby that he will throw out all food not familar or even familar to his taste. I mean, he can eat fish for a week and then the teacher told me the next day that he threw out the fish in his meal. This bad attitude really irritates me as I totally cannot fathom what he wants to eat anymore. That just reminded me, he is definitely a bread baby, still is. Bread has become his substitute for main meal over the weekend when I get too lazy to cook. Could this have accounted for his double chin? Hope not.

Recently, he also eats, other than apple, pear, watermelon, honeydew, payaya, grape and lychee ice-cream. 3 cheers for Oliver!