Friday, May 21, 2010

Follow Me Hokkaido - Day Three (Part 3)

The third hotel Hokuten no Oka is probably the most interesting one we had stayed. The hotel concept is similar to those boutique or Gallery Hotel in Singapore. There are sculptures at each corner of the hotel. Even the dining experience was fun (challenging).
This picture tells all. Not quite, this is just the first course. There were the main and dessert too. But this very night, I had my most stressful dining experience.

Oliver and his 'Japan hour'. Very challenging as the table was lightweight. Any slight movement, it would move. I was very stressed by the two kids running around and about in the dining hall. With the low table and the food laid out while awaiting the other diners, I couldn't eat and enjoy my dinner at all. My eyes would follow every single movement of Oliver and Heidi, afraid that they would knock down other diner's meal. When Heidi finally fell down and knocked one of the tables (thankfully not the food), my heart almost stopped, and I decided to bring the kids away.

Asking Boon Heng to continue eating his dinner, I wanted to bring the kids back to our room, but found the perfect place to wait for Boon Heng. Next to the dining hall was this lounge area which intrigued me. Rarely in Hokkaido or hotel in countries which we stayed (other than youth hostel), the hotel management invested a lounge area for its guests to mingle without the need to get a drink. This hotel not only allocated a space, it had interesting chairs of different shapes and sizes for us to try out. I especially like the sound system which enhanced the mood of the place.
Look at this incredibly handsome looking speakers. I wondered how much this set of McIntosh sound system cost. I may not have the best pair of ears, but the sound generated was unimagineable heavenly.

Notice the bell like looking structure in the middle of the room, it is a fireplace. This place must be romantic during the winter.


This is an outdoor hot bath for tired feets. No chance to use it as it opened during the night time only. sob...

Least of what we expected, a spacious room with many doors. Before coming to Hokkaido, I were expecting the four of us to squeeze into two small beds in a small hotel room. Oliver amused himself opening and closing the doors most of the time when we were back in our room. Heidi looking up and down seeking for "treasures" which I tried to hide away from her.

Missed his cars at home badly, Oliver parked our shoes into the lot neatly. Truly a genetic disorder which he has inherited from Boon Heng.